Partager
Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

Saint André church of Viglain

There is proof of this Sologne church as early as in 1154. It was destroyed during the wars of religion and rebuilt under the reign of Henry IVth. It is flanked by a “caquetoire”, a distinctive feature of the churches of Sologne. This word has been in use since the 19th century. It refers to a porch where parishioners held their assemblies and talked.